What De Angela is up to right now! (This brilliant idea is taken from Derek Siver’s now page.)
De Angela currently lives, works, and plays in New York City and its surrounding areas. Professionally, she is an Associate Vice Provost and Industry Professor at NYU, but for her now page, she will focus primarily on her personal, passion projects which more often than not evolve around Prince:
- Planning her 2022 Prince symposia, #TripleThreat40 for 40 years of Prince’s 1999, The Time’s What Time Is It?, and Vanity 6’s debut and #SexyMF30 for 30 years of Prince’s Symbol album.
- Researching and preparing her presentation, “Controversy: The Prototype of Prince’s Musical Transformation and Disruption” for Pop Conference 2021, 22-24 April 2021.
- Researching and preparing her presentation, “Conjuring the Prince Mystique” for Prince 78-88: An Interdisciplinary Conference at the University of Minnesota, 4 – 5 June 2021.
- Researching and preparing her presentation, “Pour Some Water on Me: Prince and the Ohio Players” for The Second Dayton Funk Symposium at the University of Dayton, currently rescheduled for November 2021.
- Planning, producing, editing, and/or recording Prince podcasts for Grown Folks Music.